.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Critique of pure Reasoner

Essays and commentary related to topics in Tom Reasoner's "Truth and Beauty" blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

In Iraq

So I'm in Iraq, and the popular questions seem to be "Has it changed your perspective on the war?" The psychological truth of epistemology is that people are always much more likely to find their opinions confirmed than otherwise, and it seems I am no exception. Just as I expected, it is winnable; just as I suspected, we totally screwed up unnecessarily in the beginning, and just as I suspected being in Iraq isn't so bad.

This is largely because - despite all the faults of the US's national behavior regarding Iraq - between the insurgents and ourselves, I still get to fight on the indisputably better side. How often does anyone get to do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home